Discover 50 of the most impressive trails in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts―home to the state’s section of the Appalachian Trail, as well as plentiful glorious, under-the-radar routes―all doable in a day or less. Ideal for hikers of all skill levels, from families and nature lovers to advanced backpackers, this fully revised and updated third edition features hikes stretching from Mount Greylock south to Bash Bish Falls and includes ten entirely new trips. You’ll find the state’s most inspiring vistas, background on flora and fauna, and suggested locations for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
Inside You’ll Find:
- 50 recommended hikes for all ability levels and seasons
- Locator map and at-a-glance trip planner for easy trip selection
- GPS coordinates for every trail head and turn-by-turn directions for every hike
- Detailed route map for every trip, showing parking areas, trails, and natural highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and level for each hike
- Hiking and safety tips, including advice on what to carry in your pack
- Essays on the nature.